Saturday 20 June 2009

HFS 2: The Revenge

When I originally got my copy of T7G for Mac, I diligently copied all the files off it (twice, in fact). However, I now need to do it again (for reasons that I won't go in to), but this time I have an ISO image file (I ripped it when I was faffing with the disc last time). I have since completely reinstalled my OS and I couldn't for the life of me remember how I did it the first time round.
The ScummVM HFS wiki page is rather Windows-centric, so I had to figure out (again) how to do it on Linux (specifically Kubuntu Jaunty). I was surprised at how easy it was, but as it might be useful for others (that might be willing to play test in future ;-), I figured I'd post it here.
Once I'd installed hfsutils (e.g. sudo aptitude install hfsutils), a simple call to "hmount hfsimage.iso" does a virtual mount of the image, so any future calls to the hfsutils commands (hls, hcd, hcopy) will be referring to that disc / image.
Now, which file was it that I wanted... I knew I should have written it down...

No comments: